Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: I got me a new toy today

  1. #11
    Inactive Member GrooveMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2001
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey GSRev, I was needing a few things, just so happens we still have some common ground. I have a need to rebuild 2 of those Turbonetics t03/04 turbos. I asked a friend of mine who rebuilds turbos for a living, and he called Turbonetics, they said if I bought the rebuild kits, he could do the work, but the turbos are non ball-bearing, and wouldn't perform any better than when they were new. One of them is on a built LS running 24lbs, with a Hondata system and 770cc injectors, the other on a built GSR @ 14lbs, with 370cc, and a few other goodies. The 24lb one lasted about 3 months, and the 14lb one has lasted a year, and like so many other of my friends Drag kits, doesn't want to boost more than 8-9 lbs now. The 24lb one is blowing oil, heavily after 20lbs. Those turbos on a normal motor are only suspose to produce 14lbs, but the 24lb one have a massively built head as well. I need a GOOD rebuild, better than original, or a new alternative to the kit, that will bolt on using the same wastegate/flanges/mounts. Any suggestions? I know this isn't your main venue of interest, but I figure since your running a Drag kit, and you have had problems, you may have some answers I cannot find. We are looking at $1600 for a HKS ball-bearing GT for the LS, and a Garrett 30g for the GSR @ $850. Both of these people don't want to spend that kind of cash right now.....I would really like some help. BTW, I got everything about perfect, just a little tip-in det, I am going to try to adjust that out in the cam timing. I still need to replace my ITR intake with the exhaust cam, I haven't had the time. Thanks again for all the help, I am definately enjoying the blower, I raced a 98-01 Vette last night, had a modified exhaust, but automatic, I beat him in 3rd, 2 cars in fourth, he started to gain @110, just a little though, I backed down....can't do that normally aspirated, can you! Hope you get you stuff together soon....

    ------------------
    1996 GSR
    "the best 8 pounds I ever gained"

  2. #12
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Groovemaster,
    sorry for the delayed response, I overlooked this post since I got back from vacation. I would suggest calling majestic turbo. They are in Waco, Texas. I delt w/ Robert over there and they were very very knowledgeable and turnaround time was unbelievable. Now I realize your friend could do it but I am just relaying my expierence. They were cheaper than most places. My exhaust wheel was replaced with a different spec and a nipple was added on to the intake side. It's supposed to help with the air flow characteristics at higher boost levels. I ended up paying right at 500, but in all actuallity I completely destroyed my turbo, so I felt it was a fair price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •